We speak in terms of jargon-free language making it easy to understand the differences in your options and how to best design your plan to fit your particular practice setting.
- Work with someone that can speak about all your options and isn’t working for any one insurance company, work with a broker.
- Focus primarily on the language and definitions of the policy and make sure you understand how it relates to your particular situation.
- Work with someone who specializes in your profession as a dentist, this will give you more accurate and accountable information.
- Understand that typically you get what you pay for with disability insurance so if one plan is far less expensive than another plan then know exactly why.
- Verify what the agent or broker has told you about the plan through the specimen policy or by reading the actual policy once issued and before activation.